Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Worklog part 4: Putting my work into the cloud

After having tried cloud-foundry in combination with grails, I can only say that it is the best way I have ever experienced a deployment of a web-app.

What I have to do is:
  • get a cloud-foundry-beta account
  • install the cloud-foundry plugin
  • create a properties-file in my home-catalog/
  • create a database for my app(one-liner)
  • deploy app
  • have a beer

Get the cloud-foundry account from cloudfoundry.com

Then install the cloud-foundry plugin by adding it to your BuildConfig.groovy.

 runtime ":cloud-foundry:1.2.2"
(you should probably check if a newer version is available from here)

The property-file($HOME/.grails/settings.groovy) must contain 2 properties:

grails.plugin.cloudfoundry.user=youruser
grails.plugin.cloudfoundry.password=XXX

Creating a database couldn´t be simpler, to create a plain mysql database, just type

  cf-create-service mysql worklog-db

Deploying the app is even simpler.

  prod cf-push
And there you go. Congrats, the app is deployed. My app is deployed on http://webtimer.cloudfoundry.com/

Have a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment