Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Worklog part3: adding some sexy ui

I bet you I know a lot of css. I´ve tried most of the tags, experimented a lot with css3 and so on. But I STILL cannot make a web-page look good. My brain is simply not wired to see what is beautiful, and even less create beautiful pages. So I frequently steal css and need all the help I can get when I´m responsible for a page design.

So therefore, twitter bootstrap is a very good choice for my pages. What I have to do is install some plugins in my app, copy some groovy-code and voilá: good-looking pages, . All I do is following the steps described on this page, except you should use the 1.2 version of fields(':fields:1.2') There you go, twitter bootstrap and nice autogenerated pages for you.

To re-generate the pages for e.g. Company, simply type
grails generate-all worklog.Company
and answer "a" for all on the overwrite-question.

No comments:

Post a Comment